Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So where to begin?

I've never really done this. I won't lie to you I am not a blogger. I guess to be accurate I wasn't. I am a new addition to the hooters girl family and I am ecstatic! So far so good :).

I guess the best place to begin would be the interview. I went in (dressed nicely) and simply talked to GM G. He seemed nice enough; however, the girls were a little less friendly. Now that I have been hired I can see where they were coming from. Not long after I had applied and been hired, a girl I attended high school with informed me she was also planning to apply. To be honest I was less than thrilled and found myself criticizing her needlessly (she didn't get the job for those of you who are wondering). After the interview I was told to be at the store for orientation at a later date.

Orientation was uneventful. Unlike some of the experiences I have read from other blogs we were not given our uniforms. We had seven girls total in our orientation group (none of us were thrilled about how we were going to work out training with seven girls). So far the girls seem nice. After filling out our paper work, (UGH) we took a tour of the store and called it a day.

Image class! Today we had our image class. We went over hospitality, some menu things, and (finally) got our uniforms! I was extremely excited to see what the (dreaded or loved - depending on who you are) orange shorts and tank would look like on. I won't lie to you, I was disappointed. As I wore the uniform more, I became a lot more comfortable. I think I look pretty good.

So Friday is my first training shift? I'm not sure if I should be nervous, excited, or both. I guess we will see what happens.

1 comment: